Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Monday, May 05, 2008

    Rachael Yamagata and Sara Bareilles - Tour Comes To An End...



    Singer-songwriter Rachael Yamagata finishes up her musical tour with Sara Bareilles and shares with us the final leg of the tour.

    April 23, 2008

    New York New York New York…April 23rd

    Hello Irving Plaza. Hello parents, brother, auntie, uncle, friends. It's always bittersweet to play a "hometown" show when in the midst of a run, cuz I find myself wanting to escape to clean showers and home cooked meals and not understanding why at the end of the night everyone is leaving and I'm crawling back into a drivable bed. Home life, road life, adult life, childhood. How does one merge any of them when you mix in location displacement and time flux capacitors and all you really want to do is forget you know anyone and be that mysterious person that you "really" are/never will be. Ahem.

    Anyways, headspace aside, we had a really good time last night. A bit of a feisty crowd of course, but we expected it. This is after all New York and in such a place you cannot offer up a typical dish and sustain anyone's interest. Fortunately for us, we are mostly dysfunctional rather than typical. And so it went. You all hushed beautifully for "Elephants" and cheered us on through the new and old songs. We love you for that.

    And now we take on the Lincoln Tunnel – not so easy to do (are we a truck, a car, a bus?)… It's early morning and we are off to Philly, my current hometown. After that, D.C. where I grew up. I'm realizing that I move a lot and after a while all places become hometowns. Which means I will always be uncomfortable, disoriented, and at home most of the time. Oh look, light at the end of the tunnel…hahahahahhahhaha..xox



    April 24 thru 29, 2008

    Philly, D.C., Charlotte…

    Ok, so maybe things are starting to blur.. It always happens that you finally get in the mode of things and then you are upon the final show. We've settled into it all and the crowds are continually fantastic. After hour bars have been attended and showers have been found at every hour of the day. Philly gave a warm welcome especially to the hometown Giraldi and then we crashed at the apartment and did a lot of sleeping. Our three days off were full of laundry, emails, and a few rounds out to celebrate Dan's (bass guru) birthday. On to D.C., another hometown, where band was in good form and it may have been the most fun I've had playing so far. Dad was there and I did my first shot of Jack with him so it was a right of passage for me. Note to self to eat dinner before drinks next time because by the end I apparently bit some ears and slapped some booties. All in the name of love, of course. Last night was Charlotte which was a very nice surprise because the crowd was on fire. I think I could have said "blue", or "cute babies" or "running socks" and they would've have cheered. They sang along and boosted my energy and it's a blessing to know there are still people out there who remember my music. We ended the night with a Brits vs. USA game of pool when we took on David Ford and Joe. We won and lost appropriately and at some point found a U SUCK/ WE RULE sign on the RV…There was a British Flag on it so we think we have an idea of who's to blame. Tonight is Atlanta and then a final 15 hour drive to New York where we play the Tribeca Film Fest. I am exhausted and invigorated and want nothing more than to start it all over again, while also crawling into my own bed at home. A continual Mind Fu$@& this life is. In three days I'll be doing laundry again and watching Clean House marathons, filing paper napkin emails and numbers and packing up to figure out my next home for the year. It's moving time again. The album is ready and waiting and we'll figure that out too and the new rounds of touring will be planned... Alas, it goes on and on and on. No time to think to much today. There are showers to be had and load in is in one hour. Hello Atlanta.

    Xox
    r



    April 30, 2008

    Atlanta…

    Oh Atlanta you did us right. On the whole we had a great show save for the random bored preteen that I think we either scared or shocked, or well...just bored. Ah, to win over an audience that has never seen, heard or known of you before. We worked it, it worked, we love us some Georgia fans.

    Pre show was a beautiful sight as we sat in lawn chairs outside the rv sneaking a beer or two and enticing some of the 7 stray cats the venue looks after to visit. Automatic A plus in my book. A place that cares for kitties – I'll play your room forever (if you'll have me of course), and I'll bring some Friskies with me.

    We also continued to battle with David and Joe – our Britwits. The rivalry started the night before after a game of pool and by the end of last night we had soaped their car in various phrases such as "USA rules" and "I love unicorns"...things like that. After our set we came out to find the rv papered with various spreads in Playboy and as a final send off discovered the cans they filled the tire bays with. Thanks boys. We will get you back.

    Bareilles and crew and the rest of us had a late night soiree in the dressing room and properly toasted the end of a fantastic tour. Can I just say she is the most gracious and lovely, spastic and talented spitfire of a gal. She can sing like a muthaf*%^$ and has some pretty badass dance moves to beat. We were in stitches over last night's antics, but we'll keep a few to ourselves. They gave me a killer pink RV birdfeeder that is so the perfect gift. Thank you to all of you. You are new beautiful friends and we had a blast.

    And now we are a travelin to the big apple for a final show at the Tribeca Film Festival. Gorgonzola says his tour depression is already setting in. It will be a quick 2 days I think and then all will be unsettlingly (Is that a word?) finished. Eek...

    We had a great time of this run and for anyone who is reading this - thank you for being such lovely fans. We will see you soon…..xoxoxo


    p.s...I had just finished this and put my computer away when our tour manager yells out that we were passing David and Joe on the highway. We mooned them. Got ya back.x


    Posted by Rachael Yamagata



    The Time Machine



    April 30, 2008

    Clean showers and home cooked meals...what a concept.

    Holy smoke...a shot of Jack Daniels with Dad. I never had the chance with my Dad so that's something that you will never forget. I did however find myself with both my Mom and Dad at two thirty in the morning watching "The Revenge Of The Nerds" on cable which may be as surreal as tanking down alcohol with the parental unit.

    Be sure to sneak in a flick while at Tribeca. We won't tell anyone

    :=)


    One last minute post from Rachael today.


    Acoustic show at the Birchmere THIS THURS

    Hi all!!

    Have added a stripped down, acoustic show at the Birchmere in V.A. THIS THURSDAY, MAY 8th...

    I had a fabulous time rocking out with a full band on this past tour and now it's time to breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out...My guru friend and mentor Kevin Salem will be joining me duo style and i'm throwing in lots of ballads and storytelling...oh my. So if you are wishing for an intimate experience with moi (ahem), please come join us...

    xoxox
    r




    Official Website for Rachael Yamagata

    and you can check out

    Rachael Yamagata on MySpace Music


    An added bonus if you'd like to listen to Rachael's segment from The Time Machine Christmas Show The Time Machine radio show - click here.



    Labels: , , , , , , ,

    2 Comments:

    At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi -

    Amy here at Original Signal. I saw your post on Rachael Yamagata, who just finished touring with our artist David Ford. Can I send you a copy of his cd?

    Thanks,

    Amy
    amy@originalsignalrecordings.com

     
    At 6:11 PM, Blogger The Time Machine said...

    Sounds like a plan! Have your people talk to our people.

    :=)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home