Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Sunday, April 13, 2008

    Rachael Yamagata Tours With Sara Bareilles



    Singer-songwriter Rachael Yamagata is on the road and found the time at this hour when most of the country is sound asleep to drop in with in the latest news.



    TOUR BEGINS TODAY...

    It's 3 am. Do you know where your children are? I know where mine lay...One is above my head in over driver compartment, one in back bed and two are taking hot showers (hopefully not together) and rest in hotel. I think we are in Milwaukee, but there is no way for me to be sure. If you've been in one roadside parking lot, you've been in them all.

    We, dare I say it, are on TOUR. Sigh. Big great gosh darn sigh of relief. We will meet up with great gal pal Sara Bareilles tomorrow which I'm very much looking forward to. Last I saw her was over a year ago at the end of our Hotel Café tour together. She has been everywhere since then and I can't wait to hear of her adventures...In case you've been slumbering, she's the one with "Love Song" topping all charts and her sweet and sassy self will charm your pants off live.

    I can't even begin to go into where I've been or what I've been doing mostly because it's all blurred in my mind. It has been two years of dramatic change and I'm "in the flow" as they say so it's hard for me to know what will come next. I DO have a record for you. I AM going to get it to you. All the other details are boring so at the risk of seeming like the boy who cried wolf, hang tight.

    Did I mention the sweet ass RV we are in? I have to call it that because it's too hilarious for any other description. We are the Griswalds on some Midwest vacation. I have packed too much and apparently have learned nothing about streamlining necessities. Feather beds, decorative lights, books, bags, dvds, paper plates and aspirin all strewn everywhere. I will Martha Stewart the shite out of this thing tomorrow. We may have to throw in a camping adventure on one of these days and take full advantage of the vibe.

    As for the band – I've got Dan the man on bass, Jlo (Jason that is) on guitar and Hollywood Giraldi on drums. Craig G is manning the tour and I'm going to be den mother diva. It's a funny thing in this place because on the one hand you are ringleader of the pack and on the other you are attended to, bailed out, saved and inspired by the same pack. I've been in bed by 11 for months now and it's 3:40am and I'm the only one up. These are my favorite hours and I thought I'd lost them. I get it now. It's all coming back. I need travel, music, friends. I'm a pack leader and I have not died. We are on tour.


    Posted by Rachael Yamagata



    The Time Machine



    Sunday, April 13, 2008

    Beware of mixing camping and RVs...one word of caution..."sterno".

    :=)


    Tour Schedule

    April 14th

    Milwaukee, WI
    Pabst Theatre
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 15th

    Minneapolis, MN
    Fine Line
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 17th

    Chicago, IL
    House of Blues
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 18th

    Louisville, KY
    Bellarmine College
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 20th

    Toronto, CAN
    Opera House
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 22nd

    Boston, MA
    Paradise
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 23rd

    New York, NY
    Irving Plaza
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 24th

    Philadelphia, PA
    TLA
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 28th

    Washington, DC
    9:30 Club
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 29th

    Charlotte, NC
    Neighborhood Theatre
    w/ Sara Bareilles

    April 30th

    Atlanta, GA
    Variety
    w/ Sara Bareilles




    Official Website for Rachael Yamagata

    and you can check out

    Rachael Yamagata on MySpace Music


    An added bonus if you'd like to listen to Rachael's segment from The Time Machine Christmas Show The Time Machine radio show - click here.



    Labels: , , , , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home