Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Monday, May 26, 2008

    Second Album From Courtney Jaye To Be Released




    Singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye, frequest radio guest on The Time Machine, drops by with some exciting news.

    IT’S OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL...

    Well my dears...

    It looks as if I have signed another record deal.

    And would you believe?

    It's with another major label.

    ...huh??????

    Whoa...I didn't see THAT one coming...

    But something is different about this record folks.

    What is different you might ask?

    Well let me elaborate...

    For one, I wrote the songs (thanks Thad and K. Hall) / made the record (thanks seth k.) / mixed the record (thanks Joe P.) / took the photos (thanks Casal) / had the artwork done (thanks Graphic Therapy) / found the band (thanks members of "The Aloha Honor System")...and I did all of this before I signed. Yep, I reckon that's the key here ladies and gents. I did the creative work, got the record to where it pleased me and only me, and what happened? Seems I finally made the record I have dreamed of making for years. And wow, does THAT feel like an enormous musical weight has been lifted off of my teeny-tiny little shoulders...I can finally breathe again.

    Second, it's with a great label...Universal Republic to be exact (Amy Winehouse, Jack Johnson, Mika, Colbie Caillat)...and obviously, these folks have done a great job with letting their artists be who they are (wow...what a brilliant concept!), and I really think THAT is the difference here...something that major labels are not usually known for...but U Republic does it, and they seem to be doing it rather well...I am one of the first artists to comprise a division of U Republic called Republic South...sort of Amy Winehouse and Jack Johnson go to Nashville...perfect, cuz I reckon that kinda describe's the record I just made...





    Now what is next you ask?

    Well now I get to make my first video for the song "Sweet Ride"...will be leaving for Kauai, Hawaii in two weeks to film with a great director named Piper Ferguson. she's killer and I'm really excited to work with her and all of the horses at Silver Falls Ranch (to be continued)...

    But today, in this now moment, Memorial Day 2008, I am currently in the studio with my dear friend Peter Hayes, of the band Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, as we have been hard at work recording 2 acoustic songs...one is a song of Peter's called "Toll", and the other is a cover of the Hank Williams tune "Cool Water". Makes me want to make an acoustic record next...ahhh, the simplicity....if Peter lets me, maybe I'll post a song in a few days...

    Ok, well I have been listening to the new A.A. Bondy record NONSTOP (it's called "American Hearts"), along with the new My Morning Jacket "Evil Urges" (it's bloody ridiculous), She and Him (thanks steve:), "Beach Samba" by Astrud Gilberto, and The Incredible String Band's self titled first record - it's crazy psychedelic madness...

    Hope you all are having a beautiful holiday and I hope to see you out there on the road soon...

    all of my love...
    courtney


    Posted by Courtney Jaye



    The Time Machine



    Monday, May 26, 2008 at 9:39 PM

    Great news to hear of the new distribution deal and "cherry" that the new music video will be shot here in Hawaii!

    Must say that She and Him's album has been one of the most satisfying releases this year so far! Can't get enough of it. Check out the new "Loose Ends" EP from Rachael Yamagata that came out last week. You will cry your eyes out.

    Congrats as Republic South's first artist!!!

    Much Aloha,

    :=)



    Courtney's music has had a home on our playlists and in our hearts since her debut release. Be sure to pick up a copy of her first album, "Traveling Light" and keep an eye peeled out for CJ's upcoming release "Queen Of Sabotage" and cross your fingers for a future Silverwings release. Her song "Don't Tell A Girl" has been receiving heavy airplay since last December. We've also been playing "Are You With Me?" quite a bit this past year and it's available at iTunes. You can also get a sampling of what she's been up to lately (including both "Til It Bleeds" and "The Sweetest Tune" which are getting some positive response from our radio listeners on the studio lines) at her website:

    www.courtneyjaye.com

    and also

    Courtney Jaye's MySpace Music Profile



    An added bonus if you'd like to listen to Courtney's segment from The Time Machine Christmas Show with "Don't Tell A Girl" on The Time Machine radio show - click here.



    Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

    1 Comments:

    At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW! I just happened to hear the title song from Courtney's new album, Sweet Ride, and it really blew me away. I'd never heard of her before. Since then, I've been watching the 12th & Porter video on video.aol.com non-stop and I am desperately trying to find out where I can PURCHASE THIS FABULOUS TRACK! It's not yet available through I-Tunes, Amazon, Half-dot-com, or anywhere else that I could find. I'll be surfing the net until I find a place to buy the download! Courtney, you have a new fan!!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home