Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Sunday, September 02, 2007

    Courtney Jaye Making A New Record, Hosting "Center Stage" on CW Network and Musical Voice for ABC's "Brothers and Sisters"



    Frequent guest artist on "The Time Machine", singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye shares some creative spark news and a heads up on the tube this month.


    Good morning my lovelies,

    I am writing to you from the mountains of North Carolina, Black Mountain to be exact...just outside of one of my favorite little bohemian haunts, Asheville, NC...I am secluded and the air is clean...went hiking this morning, my hair is braided, my feet are dirty, and I am currently in lap steel/hawaiian tuning heaven...

    Let me back up here...

    Well the time is long overdue but I am here making a new record with a friend and total bad-ass by the name of Seth Kauffman...I don't want to give too much away but think vintage/tropical/motown/country. I have been searching and searching over these past few years for a sound that is unique and somewhere to call my own, blending all of the influences of the places I love and have lived in my life and the music from those places that has etched itself into my memory and has made me into the artist that I am today...I've been all over the map, literally and figuratively...as far as finding my sound musically, I've gotten close in moments and couldn't have been further away in others...needless to say, it has been a journey but if the journey was supposed to lead me to this exact time and place, then I am thankful for it with all of my being...

    After spending a month and a half, most of the summer actually, in Los Angeles on what seemed to be an extended summer vacation, I arrived home to Nashville with the insatiable need to get into the studio and create...which reminds me, I was out there recording a bunch of songs for the ABC show "Brothers and Sisters", the first tune which you will hear in the season premiere episode...this is all very exciting and I have my dear friends Michael Lord and Ken Olin to thank for this amazing opportunity...I recorded a bunch of covers songs and I am honored to be a part of this show...first episode airring on September 30th...check it yo...

    I am also hosting a music show called "Center Stage", which will air on the CW network (previously the WB) in 12 major cities in September...it is a live music show, my first guest was Mika and it was a blast...look out for that as well...

    Anywho's, I have been slack on writing back to people, hope you understand that things are just nutty round here but I always love your messages and read them personally, so thank you for the love...just wanted to keep all of you informed with all of these exciting new developments...it's been a great year and there is much to look forward to in the final months of '07...take care of each other out there...

    In the words of the immortal Johnny Guitar Watson:

    "Right on with the right on"...

    Aloha,

    cj





    Posted by Courtney Jaye




    Courtney's music has had a home on our playlists and in our hearts since her debut release. Be sure to pick up a copy of her first album, "Traveling Light" and keep an eye peeled out for CJ's upcoming release "Bamboo Moon" and cross your fingers for a future Silverwings release. We've been playing "Are You With Me?" quite a bit this year and it's available at iTunes. You can also get a sampling of what she's been up to lately (including both "Til It Bleeds" and "The Sweetest Tune" which are getting some positive response from our radio listeners on the studio lines) at her website www.courtneyjaye.com and also Courtney Jaye's MySpace Music Profile




    Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home