Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Sunday, January 21, 2007

    Courtney Jaye Settles Into Nashville


    Singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye drops by in a content mood:

    My new home, Nashville...is the coolest place on the planet.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

    I am officially in love with this city. I have been here now for almost three weeks, have written 12 new songs, met some great people and have seen some really fantastic live music...there is such a vibe and a community of artists here that I have been so blessed with knowing and being a part of, and it has been so inspiring...I got settled into my adorable new home and started working immediately...I am writing all kinds of songs as well...big country/pop songs for other artists to sing, old timey traditional country songs, and as an artist I am continuing to hone in on writing Hawaiian influenced tropical alt-country songs...wrote a Hawaiian lullaby the other day that could be sung to a baby before sleep, or could be in a David Lynch movie...not sure which one it would be better for:) It is innocent yet a little dark...I was inspired by my friend Tom Fruend and Brett Dennens children's song called "Throw A Party In The Yard"...got to hang and see them play together last Sunday night at 3rd and Lindsley and it was so much fun...if you all do not know who these artists are, I highly recommend that you find them on myspace(see my top 8)...as far as writing for others, which is a new thing for me, the nice thing about it is that I get to get out of my self and into the perspective of another person...at a certain point, you can only say that you have been heartbroken by a cuban man so many times in one week, so it is nice to live through another person's experience which may or may not be a little more positive:)

    I am listening to alot of Roy Orbison, Martin Denny, Lyle ritz, Jimmy Buffett, and artists by the name of Rodrigo Y Gabriella...they are a duo that my friend Charlie turned me onto and they are incredible!!! Got to see Matt Costa and G. Love last week, Wax Fang on Friday, and an amazing bluegrass band by the name of "The Steel Drivers" last night at the Station Inn...what a show!!! I am pretty much in musical heaven...

    I am also looking forward to my Valentine's Day gig at the Bluebird Cafe, and my birthday is the following day, so I have a feeling we will be celebrating that night at the show;)

    I also want to say thanks so much to all of YOU, for listening to my music and continuing to support me on my journey...I am really excited about this year:)

    Love and more love,
    Courtney


    Posted by Courtney Jaye








    The Time Machine



    Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 10:05 AM

    Glad to hear that you're having so much fun and getting alot accomplished! Yay for Nashville!

    I caught Matt Costa last week too! He performed here in Lahaina and must have been just a few days from the show that you saw. We've been playing "Sweet Rose" on the air quite a bit. It was an amazing performance listening to his band really rock it up in the vein of Old 97's. Got to talk with him after the show. Really nice guy.

    Ultimate Jimmy Buffett song - "If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me".

    Continue to soak in that musical Nashville vibe!



    Courtney's music has had a home on our playlists and in our hearts since her debut release. Be sure to pick up a copy of her first album, "Traveling Light" and keep an eye peeled out for CJ's upcoming release "Bamboo Moon". Sample "Are You With Me?", available at iTunes, you can also get a sampling of what she's been up to lately (including both "Til It Bleeds" and "The Sweetest Tune" which are getting some positive response from our radio listeners on the studio lines) at her website www.courtneyjaye.com and also Courtney Jaye's MySpace Music Profile




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home