Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Saturday, May 19, 2007

    Blog Me Baby.



    Singer-songwriter Rachael Yamagata procastinates from her packing of boxes for a move and stops by with the latest...


    I'm overdue for a new blog, but I wanted to wait for something interesting and encouraging and funny to tell and I got nuthin... So, I'll start with musings on the life of a rockstar...

    Hahaha! I don't know anything about it. %&#$...so not a rockstar. However, I did have a killer photoshoot last night with a possum that crawled to the top of my steps and sat on my porch all night. Eventually, I broke down and fed him some cat food (which he loved). I'm assuming, the squirrel (buddy) said I would lend him a hand so I fully expect some sort of wood animal to return tonight. P.S. – don't feed wild animals – it's dangerous and probably bad and all that.

    I'm sitting in a mess of boxes as well, preparing for a move. Do I really need to haul my Fantasy Island dvds to my new place or can I leave them behind? These are silly things I've been thinking about coupled with my dream of Brad Pitt last night where we sat at a dining room table and I fed our kid some chocolate. Much better than the dream where I was trapped with him in a beer cooler trying to get out so I could give my phone number to George Clooney waiting for me at a dinner table. What the hell you say? Well, trust me – I'm saying the same thing to myself. Luring a young audience of teenage girls into my realm as I post silly truths like that only to find them dismayed in the future at new songs like "don't %&#$ me in front of me" etc. Really parents, please be aware that I love to be thought of as a role model – I'm gonna be true to meself – but sometimes that includes a whole picture of myself as an over 21 (wink wink) gal that lives in the woods, feeds dangerous animals and well...go from there at your discretion.

    What else...Oh yes! The record. Ok. So I'm a liar...Well, not really – we were on a schedule / schedule people we are on a schedule! And I was certain and assured and defiant that this record would see the light of day by spring. Well, it's spring and you don't have a record in your hands so I can just go @#!& myself and all that. If my last name were apple I'd have you sending some fruit by now.

    Take heart, it is coming. And it will be worth the wait (shameless, I know). The industry is a mess I say and I've been doing trapeze moves to make this happen amidst personnel change, strategic games, late trains and all that. Hang with me till fall and you will have record in your hand or else I'll be off a bridge and you can have a great story to tell your friends about that profanity loving drunk crazy wild animal lady/Clooney-Pitt stalker that finally lost it and ohhh didn't you see it coming...

    I WILL say we are planning some residencies and select shows so we can get some of these newbies out there live – as well as redesigning my official website (www.rachaelyamagata.com) to give you all behind scenes goodies as well as updated news/photos/blogs etc. Right now there is something temporary posted. I'm not running this one, so it's sure to become a source of accurate information posted in a timely manner...I will be doing fan interaction through it though, cuz obviously my skills of answering messages here are falling behind...for those of you who posted in 2005 – I'm sorry I still haven't gotten back to you.

    And we are premiering these new little "teaser" things showing just how foggy that studio was and including clips of songs to say "the record really does exist and here's a piece".

    I would muse about spring at this moment, but I already did that in a past blog (why does everyone break up in the spring etc…), but I will say I'm still all about reason for everything and everything in due time. Call all good things to you and the power of positive thinking / the teacher will appear when the student is ready etc etc…You never know what kind of prince (or possum) may arrive at your door.

    Xoxoxoxo
    r


    Posted by Rachael Yamagata







    Rachael's music has had a home on our playlists and in our hearts since her debut release. Be sure to pick up a copy of her first album, "Happenstance" and keep an eye peeled out for Rachael's upcoming release that she is crossing her fingers for this fall. You can get a sampling of what she's been up to lately at her website www.rachaelyamagata.com




    Labels: ,