Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Friday, March 24, 2006

    “I’ve got a dog like Lassie!”




    We had a chance to have Starr Saunders from The Starr Saunders Project as a guest on the show. It was a fun interview and below is an entry in her journal from her official website where she always features an MP3 download every month.


    “I’ve got a dog like Lassie!” 9/23/05

    I just got done checking my voicemail and all I have to say is my friends make me laugh! I really am surrounded by just good people!.....anyway...so last night after practice at 10:30pm I had a last minute radio Interview with a station in Hawaii (Wild 105.5FM/The Time Machine). It was a blast! The guys (Sandy, Blake, and Eric...our new bass player...bios coming soon!) and I were all at Aaron’s studio (Aaron our drummer) around the phone; it was about a 15 minute interview and they played three of our songs in between (“This Is Not My Time,” “Pedestals,” and “I Could Ruin You”)...well, I have to say the funniest and “stand-out” moment of the interview was when Michael McCartney (the DJ) was asking me about how long music has been in my life...etc...and I told him how one of the first songs I wrote was called “I’ve Got a Dog Like Lassie” when I was in the second grade...(I had a Sheltie when I was little...her name was Jamie and she looked like Lassie...you probably got that part.....you know, actually I remember there were episodes on Nick at Nite of Lassie that used to make me cry....maybe I shouldn’t admit that:)...anyway.....)....well....he then asked me to sing it! ... It was hilarious!!! It was like the R&B rendition and the guys couldn’t stop laughing at me!

    The radio station is going to send me a copy of the interview and I will see if I can make it available for download on the website......you know you are excited! :)...Oh, and we are actually going to have another interview with the station next month when our new CD comes out...I don’t want to even know what I will end up singing on the radio for that interview. (Maybe I could do a Jem and the Holograms cover?:) )

    Well that’s it for now guys! Looking forward to the Long Beach Hurricane Katrina Benefit this weekend! Sending you guys so much love and I hope everyone is doing awesome!

    Hugs, love and candy corn (Halloween season always get me hooked on those things!!!)
    :)Starr

    “OK, so what’s the speed of dark?”
    -Unknown

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home