Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Wednesday, November 29, 2006

    "Are you with me?" - Courtney Jaye's Update


    Singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye drops by in an exhausted mood during the busy holiday season.

    Hello,

    It has been a while but I just wanted to write and give you the scoop on what is happening in my world these days...basically, I have been on the go since October and it has been a quite an experience...I was living on some friends land, on an Indian reservation in northern California for a few weeks...I then found myself working in Nashville, Tennessee, catching up with all of my dear friends / artists / musicians down south, and working my tail off on a bunch of new material...and then we threw in a quick trip to Grant's pass oregon(where our dog got skunked...NOT a pleasant experience AT ALL!), and I am happy to say that I am back in Los Angeles for a few weeks until I head down to Miami, and then Nashville to start the year off and to live for a few months...I know, I know...I can't keep my own life stright, let alone expect anyone else to be able to keep up with me...I am missing Hawaii terribly, and do not know when I will be returning, which makes me even more sad...
    BUT, the good news is that we finally uploaded the song "are you with me?" to i-Tunes, and it should be for sale in about a week, so please check back and I will keep ya'll posted...I have been getting alot of people asking where they can get the song and we figured that we would sell it exclusively on i-Tunes...

    I am LOVING the new Mindy Smith record "Long Island Shores", and Lily Allen is killing me right now as well...and as always, around this time of year, I dig into my Tift Merritt collection and re-live her "Tambourine" record all over again...it is a beautiful and sweet record, perfect for anyone who is deeply in love...

    Other than that, I am healthy and happy at the moment, looking forward to the holidays....you all take care of yourselves and each other out there...

    Best,
    Courtney



    Posted by Courtney Jaye








    The Time Machine



    Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 3:06 PM

    So far I've been fortunate enough not to have dealt with a skunk...then again some of my friends can clear a room...=)

    Missy Higgens and Lily Allen are nice albums. It's funny that you would post this just as I was spending the afternoon driving around listening to "Tambourine" from Tift Merritt. Do you know that almost everytime we play a song off that album on the air that someone calls the request line to inquire about that Sheryl Crow tune they never heard before? It's interesting what people hear. It's also interesting that the record label didn't jump all over her album with promotion when some of the audience was hearing Sheryl Crow instead of Tift Merritt. If someone hasn't run across a copy of Tift's "Tambourine"...they should seek it out. It's that good. Every song is a gem but my faves at the moment are "Still Pretending", "Wait It Out", "Good Hearted Man" and "Stray Paper".

    The islands miss you and wish you a Mele Kalikimaka.



    Courtney's music has had a home on our playlists and in our hearts since her debut release. Be sure to pick up a copy of her first album, "Traveling Light" and keep an eye peeled out for CJ's upcoming release. In addition to "Are You With Me?", available at iTunes, you can get a sampling of what she's been up to lately (including both "Til It Bleeds" and "The Sweetest Tune" which are getting some positive response from our radio listeners on the studio lines) at her brand spanking new website www.courtneyjaye.com and also Courtney Jaye's MySpace Music Profile




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home