Click the link below for this specific internet radio music stream available only on Saturdays. Join us every Saturday 7PM to 10PM East Coast Time / 4PM to 7PM West Coast Time as we let our hair hang down in
  • The Time Machine Radio Chat Room
  • . Live every Saturday.




    Nushu's Lisa Mychols and Tom Richards from The Waking Hours welcome you to The Time Machine



    Thursday, May 25, 2006

    Where have all the good singer/songwriters gone?!


    Singer-songwriter Lydia Gray chimes in today with this question:

    Goodness... can I just say... where have all the good singer/songwriters gone?! I think it's been at least a year since I've bought an album and haven't been able to take it off repeat. I can remember buying CDs in middle school and highschool and having them in my player, in my room or in my cd player in the car and not taking it out for days and even weeks at a time. Obession? Yes... that's what good music makes me feel. Like it could play for a year or so and I still couldn't get enough. It's been a long while since I've felt that feeling. Is our music industry going through a mid-life crisis? Also the artist who have helped satisfy the hunger pains that I've been dealing with don't have a recording contract! What's up with that?! Does it seem that our industry is so obessed with appearance that they'll slap a record deal on any girl who is willing to shake her booty and dance around the stage in barely there clothing just because she has no standards???? Even if she can't sing at all?! Okay so lately the real talent I've been noticing has been lying in the independent catagory. I have recently come into possession of a two great CD's- One being Anna Nalick (who is signed) and the other being Charles Kelley (an example of a very talented unsigned artist). So even though I have no more recommendations other than those two -- there have been some songs I can't take off repeat. Some being old and some being new. Check out what's been on repeat on my Itunes and Ipod lately!




    1. Colorblind - Counting Crows
    2. Lincoln Ave - Train
    3. If God Made You - Five for fighting
    4. Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
    5. Everything Will Be Alright - The Killers
    6. Move along - All American Rejects
    7. The Luckiest - Ben Folds
    8. Wake Me Up - Charles Kelley
    9. Wild Horses - Natasha Bedingfield
    10. HollyWood Veins - Curtis Peoples
    11. Catalyst - Anna Nalick
    12. Forever Love - Anna Nalick
    13. Glory Us - Acceptance
    14. If There's Love - CitizenCope
    15. Cold Water - Damien Rice
    16. Settle For A Slowdown - Dierks Bentley
    17. Why Georgia - John Mayer
    18. Bright Lights - Matchbox 20
    19. When It Comes - Tyler Hilton
    20. Grey Street - DMB

    Any recommendations of a new artist I should check out?!

    Luv luv,
    Lydia Gray



    Lydia's songs have been on our playlist the past year and you should check out her latest songs at the links below:

    Lydia Gray's Official Website - www.lydiagraymusic.com

    Lydia Gray on MySpace Music

    Lydia Gray at Pure Volume




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home